Donate


Subscribe to this Blog


YMCA Teen Task Force

Thursday

9/25/08: Searching My Mind to Find the Answer


Our visioning training with Tracy Shear from the Berkeley Alliance was a tool-learning meeting so that we (the teen task force) would know how to run our very own visioning session at the community engagement breakfast. This class had many components and took sort of a long time, so while sitting there I made a mental note to not let ours drag on that long when we did it-but we were still only learning. I will admit the training got us all thinking, but for me, I had just a tad of a harder time searching my mind to find the answer to what a successful teen center would look like while trying to look ten years into the future. Later, I found it easier to come up with ideas with my group where I wasn’t the only one thinking. I wasn’t nervous about speaking in front of people and running this breakfast at all. I guess public speaking comes easy to me when I’m not looking for something to say. In the end the breakfast was a huge success and went pretty smoothly for the most part. I had fun, I got to miss school for crying out loud. Lolz. Click here to find out what Lolz means.