Donate


Subscribe to this Blog


YMCA Teen Task Force

Friday

09/04/09: Shock and Awe


Recently, John, Antonia and I had a meeting with Raphael Maldanado. We met up with Raphael to learn and discuss what types of lighting there are and what types of lighting we should use for the building. I learned a lot about the difference between amps, watts, lumens, Calvin’s, and voltage, which I found to be quite interesting. After the learning segment, we then took Raphael on a tour of the Teen Center so he could give us more pointers. He explained the different types of lighting such as display, task and general lighting. I was awed. I had no idea there could be so much information! Towards the end of the tour, Raphael gave us an awesome suggestion- to build in mini mural areas with display lighting, where teens can create and change the mural every month. Of course, we would have these inside the walls of the Teen Center. I really hope we can implement this…hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment