Donate


Subscribe to this Blog


YMCA Teen Task Force

Friday

10/16/09: Introductions


Wow! After a couple months of waiting to be on the Teen Task Force, I’m finally on it. Even on the day our soccer team lost the game, I was filled with excitement because I found out I got the job. I was so nervous on my way to meet with my future boss Tracy because I really wanted to make a good impression.
Here’s a little bit about myself. I attend California College Preparatory Academy, an Aspire Public School in association with UC Berkeley and tutor students at Berkeley Maynard Academy, and I’ve already taken five college courses, which I think really help me in preparing to become a successful student in college. I dream of attending USC or UCLA and want to either become a surgeon or lawyer who helps people with low incomes because I think it’s important to help people who need it but may not be able to afford it. At work and in life, I just really want to be there to help others overcome struggles they face. I believe that working on the YMCA Teen Center Task Force will build my communication skills and allow me to contribute to creating opportunities for other students to achieve their goals.
After meeting with Tracy, I left knowing I was going to work on something I really wanted to be part of. I’m very excited about being on the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment