Donate


Subscribe to this Blog


YMCA Teen Task Force

Tuesday

03/03/09: A lot of love for what I do!


Why am I on the Task Force?

Well it all began when I started looking for an internship back in my senior year of High School. In the small school of Berkeley High that I was attending, seniors were required to have an internship and do a certain amount of community service hours. My previous internship, conducting surveys on the needs of youth would flow perfectly into the work of the YMCA Teen Task Force.
I joined the Task Force, after a long round of interviews and hard work. I was interested in the process of creating a building let alone a Teen Center right here in Berkeley to serve my peers. I’ve been on the Task Force for a little over a year now, and I can say the work is challenging. I’ve met so many people and it has boosted several of my skills and actually gave me new ones. I don’t think before this I could conduct a budget spreadsheet, document invoices, and give a great presentation. Plus now I am surrounded by friendly people and we have lots of fun.
When I entered the Task Force my goal was to become a mechanical engineer. It’s still my interest but I found an even better opportunity. I started an EMT (emergency medical technician) training program at Fast Response School for Health Care Education which was recommend by my supervisor Tracy. Of course I will still continue my work here at Y, because I have a lot of love for what I do here.

What’s an EMT? Check out Fast Response School for Health Care Education for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment