Donate


Subscribe to this Blog


YMCA Teen Task Force

Monday

03/02/09: Up close and in your face!


Not many people know this but the Teen Task Force is being watched.

Actually we’re being filmed. The YMCA is making a documentary on the Teen Task Force and our work to create the new YMCA Teen Center.

Andres, the camera guy, has been the best filmer I can think of. He has been with us since day one, when we went on our retreat in San Francisco. He was there when we read and discussed the first RFP’s. Through the jokes and serious conversations that big lens has been capturing every movement of the Teen Task Force.

At first it was a bit nerve racking to have someone filming you all the time, having the camera up close and in your face. Everyone tried to hide and let the camera pass without capturing them at an awkward moment. I must admit I was self-conscious about not slipping up and saying something that I might regret later, but as time passed I rarely notice the filming. We have all become used to that big black metallic lens in our faces. Some of us have actually become too used to the camera.

We recently saw a preview of the documentary – a five minute trailer. I was excited to see our fears projected on the wall of our meeting space. I guess one thing that shocked me the most was the skepticism of some of those filmed. Well I am not letting that bother me, watching the trailer has only motivated me more to work towards completing this project successfully.

Unfortunately we’re not ready to reveal the trailer publicly yet. Check back here in the coming weeks for information on the premiere!

No comments:

Post a Comment