Donate


Subscribe to this Blog


YMCA Teen Task Force

Thursday

07/02/09: Easy as Pie


In late June we went to the City of Berkeley Design Review meeting. Design Review is basically where a committee looks over the building’s designs and either approves or does not approve of them. Chris and I were asked to talk for a few minutes before our design was shown in order to prep the committee about why we were there that day. Chris and I wrote our lines a couple days before and boy was I nervous! I had never spoken in front of a board like this before, and I didn’t know what to expect. I practiced numerous times, over and over again. Finally the day came and I was so nervous I could hardly stand! Chris and I practiced a few more times and I finally got it down. We presented about half an hour after the meeting started. Our presentation only lasted about a minute, but I was so glad for it to be over! It turned out to be easy as pie, and I was no longer worried. So we sat down and continued to listen to the conversation. In the end, the committee approved us to move onto the Zoning Adjustments Board and then come back to them for another preliminary review next month.

A Subcommittee of the City of Berkeley Zoning Adjustments Board, the Design Review Committee is charged with the review and approval of design proposals for projects in non-residential districts. More information including meeting agendas and minutes for the Design Review Committee can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment