Donate


Subscribe to this Blog


YMCA Teen Task Force

Friday

05/22/09: I could hardly sit still all week!


When I first heard about the YMCA Teen Task Force, I thought it was such a neat concept - how teens got to contribute their ideas and opinions on the Teen Center. I immediately wanted to be a part of this project, or at least apply to be part of it. So I got an application and filled it out!

I waited for a few days, which seemed like years, to hear back from somebody, and soon I did! Antonia called me to do a phone screening, which is basically a phone interview. I was so nervous, but Antonia totally made me feel comfortable, which helped with the whole process.

Then, a few days later I received yet another call from a member of the Teen Task Force saying that Tracy wanted to meet with me for a one-on-one meeting. I was so excited that I was called back, but nervous as well! What was she going to ask me? Was I going to know all the answers to her questions? My mind was racing with various thoughts about this interview. The day of the interview approached, and I was as nervous as ever! Finally, the day came, and the interview I had been worried about quickly passed.

I was so anxious to hear back from them I could hardly sit still all week. Then I received a phone call saying that they wanted me to come back for a third and final interview! Whew! I was already getting used to this interview thing, so I figured I shouldn’t worry about this one and just do my best. For my third and final interview, Chris, Viviana, and Maria put me on the hot seat by asking questions about why I wanted to be on the Teen Task Force or what I could bring to the group. A few days later I was asked to join the team!

It feels good to be part of this team and I'm looking forward to be up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment